You should apply for a scholarship to attend the 13th Annual Peggy Browning Conference on: October 14-15, 2011!* **
- To create greater understanding of, appreciation for, and interest in the issues facing American workers.
- To provide law students with opportunities for networking with fellow law students, top labor lawyers, professors, nonprofit practitioners and government officials.
- Networking! Confirmed representatives include:
- DC Jobs with Justice;
- DC Employment Justice Center;
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers;
- NBA Player’s Association;
- Federal Labor Relations Authority;
- Centro de los Derechos de Migrante, Inc.;
- Major League Basball Players Association;
- Change to Win; and
- And many more . . .
- Keynote Speaker: Elizabeth H. Shuler AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer
- Interactive Workshops and Discussions, including:
- Introduction to Basic Labor Law;
- Public Sector Labor Law;
- The Rewards of Labor Law Practice;
- The NLRB: Whither or Wither?;
- Sports Law;
- Protecting & Organizing Immigrant Workers;
- International Trade & Workers’ Rights; and
- Organizing Excluded Workers.
The National Labor College, 10000 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland
The conference brochure is located at: http://www.peggybrowningfund.org/pdf/PBF_Conf_Brochure_2011.pdf
Scholarships to attend the conference are open to all J.D. students at WCL.
*Please e-mail peggy dot browning at aulaborlawforum dot org with any questions regarding this conference.
**If you are interested in applying for a scholarship to attend the conference, please e-mail peggy dot browning at aulaborlawforum dot org with a one-page letter of interest detailing why you would like to attend this conference.
Scholarship applications are due on September 15th, 2011 by 10pm via e-mail to: email@example.com